Love Gold and Silver jewellery, then did you know that…..
- Gold is one of the most popular jewellery raw materials because of its shine, longevity and softness.
- Silver was used as a jewellery material for over 6 thousand years.
- Did you know that gold in it’s pure form (24 carats) is so soft that it bends easily like lead metal and has to be mixed with other metals to make durable jewellery? That is why gold comes in 18 carat gold, 14 carat gold, 10 carat gold, 10 carat gold being the one with less gold in it.
- Did you know that Platinum is one of the world’s strongest metals. It weighs 60% more than karat gold. Just holding it in your hand, you can feel the difference.
- Not everyone can own Platinum jewellery because there simply isn’t enough of it in world. For example: all the Platinum ever mined would fit in an average sized living room
- The most common metal used for engagement rings is either White Gold or Platinum, however due to the rise in cost for these two types of metal Palladium is the new metal on the scene. Palladium is regarded as a precious metal and is a luxury alternative at a much cheaper price.